- Mrs Laura Baker Lacy - Chair of Governors
- Mr Tim Brooks - Vice Chair and Chair of Finance Committee
- Mr Ian Little - Safeguarding and Curriculum Governor and Chair of School Development Committee
- Mr David Houghton - Health and Safety and Parent Governor
- Miss Hayley Joslin - Parent Governor
- Mrs Meriel Strange - Associate Governor
- Mr Craig Morrison - Staff Governor
The Governors at Lakeview work closely as a team particularly with the Headteacher and senior staff on a wide variety of tasks to ensure development of our school which include:
- developing a strategic plan for the school;
- determining school aims, policies and priorities;
- setting targets alongside Headteacher;
- monitoring and evaluating the work of the school;
- appointing staff;
- managing the budget;
- securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour;
- ensuring that safeguarding policies and procedures are in place;
- ensuring that all children in the school have access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
- ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
These are some of the duties a Governor carries out, but we enjoy the huge satisfaction we get from seeing how Lakeview continues to thrive and feel valued for our part in it. We are a team with a variety of skills who work well together and have a shared commitment to continuing the journey together for the benefit of all our children in the future.
There are three main committees:
The Full Governing Body
This is where all governors meet on 6 occasions during the year, usually for 2 hours between 6.00pm and 8.00pm. Our role, as outlined by Ofsted, is to maintain the ethos and values of the school, monitor the provision for the pupils, as well as the standards they achieve, and oversee how funding is spent. We look carefully at the way teachers ensure that all pupils achieve and make the best progress they can, with presentations made by staff as well as reports back from governors who have visited the school to look at a particular area. Discussions with the Headteacher and leadership team allow for different ideas to be raised and considered, and the other committees provide detailed information about all the aspects of school which governors are expected to monitor and review.
The Finance and Business Committee
This committee meets once every half-term to monitor the budget as well as the school’s financial planning and management to support learning and teaching. The committee also looks at and oversees plans for refurbishing the site and making sure the learning environment is as good as it can be for the pupils.
The School Development Committee
This committee meets every term and focuses on provision for the Curriculum development, learning and teaching throughout the school. Staff leading on aspects of teaching, including Early Years, Key Stages 1 and 2, as well as Special Needs provision, deliver detailed reports or presentations to the group, which allow governors to have a full picture of the way in which staff work, and the progress pupils make. In addition, the board conduct curriculum deep dives to quality assure the educational provision.
You may contact the Governing Body, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Laura Baker
Vice-Chair: Tim Brooks