Reading Resources and Stories
Please enjoy the stories read by some familar faces in the links on the right-hand side of this page.
You can also check out the following websites for online books to read/listen to and activities linked with popular stories for primary children: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/nursery-rhymes-songs-index/zhwdgwx a collection of nursery rhymes and songs for EYFS
- https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/ suggested books for children, advice on how to read with your child, book lists, fun games, competitions to win free books, Children's Book Club etc.
- http://www.magickeys.com/books/ online books to read
- https://fizzyfunnyfuzzy.com/ poetry to enjoy
- https://www.funbrain.com/books online books to read
- https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/storybooks-and-games/ online books to read
- https://www.storylineonline.net/ celebrities reading stories
Please see below resources to support questioning when you are hearing your child read. Click on the relevant year group to see a list of questions or prompts that you can use with your child to challenge them on their deeper understanding of texts.